Moving to Private Practice

It has been some time since I posted to my blog as I have made plans and moved forward into the next phase of my life.  I am still a happy Plexus Ambassador, but I am now living my life long dream and diving into my Psychotherapy Private Practice.

I have worked with hundreds of people since I started my career over 20 years ago.  It seems like a lifetime ago, but my journey into private practice has been a dream since that time.  I am very excited to have been given the opportunity to partner and work with Kathleen Woolsey, LCPC in Pekin IL. She has been a therapist for 30 years and a phenomenal mentor thus far.

Over the years as I have gained my experience working in the trenches at John R Day/Christian Psychological, Preferred Family Healthcare, Great Circle, Children's Home and Lutheran Social Services.  Those agencies have given me invaluable experience working with trauma, adoption, foster care, families from all walks of life as well as addictions/substance abuse.   I won't say any of it was easy because in most cases, it wasn't.  The sacrifices made by my family as I met my billing quota's, stayed up late to study and attended training after training was the biggest sacrifice of them all.  Without their support I don't think I could have made it.  But here I am.

As time goes on, I will post items of interest that I hope will be useful to those visiting my blog.  Please feel free to leave me feedback and questions.

Here is to my new chapter.    www.gelanalcpc.com

Gelana




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Tips To Preserve Your Energy If You're A Highly Sensitive Person

A Chiropractor's Plexus Testimony